- WhatsApp Launches New Update to Counter Internet Shutdowns WhatsApp, the world’s largest messaging application, has launched a major new update to counter internet shutdowns. The new feature will allow users to stay connected even when faced with restrictions imposed by governments. This comes as a response to the recent spate of global shutdowns, including in Iran.
The new update allows users to stay online using proxy servers. These proxy servers act as an intermediary between the user and the internet. This will allow the user to bypass any block or restrictions that may have been imposed by a government. This new feature will enable users to continue to communicate... Continue reading
- Biggest Charity Speedrunning Event Bans Hogwarts Legacy Hogwarts Legacy, the long-awaited action role-playing game set in the Harry Potter universe, has been banned from the largest charity speedrunning event. This news came as a surprise to the gaming community, as the game was highly anticipated and had been in development for several years.
The charity speedrunning event, Games Done Quick, recently announced that they would no longer be allowing Hogwarts Legacy as a game choice for their annual event. This decision comes after much public outcry as the game's developer, Avalanche Software, has been accused of having poor working conditions and unethical practices. Despite the game being one... Continue reading
- Sony and Gran Turismo Team Up to Launch AI-based Racing Competition Sony and Gran Turismo have teamed up to launch a limited time AI-based racing competition. This competition will be available exclusively on PlayStation 5. The competition will be open to all racing fans and will give them the opportunity to experience the world of competitive racing in a new way.
Players will be able to compete against a virtual AI-controlled driver named GT Sophy. This AI-controlled driver will be able to adjust its driving style and tactics depending on the environment. This means that no two races will be the same, as GT Sophy will be able to adapt to different... Continue reading
- Destiny 2 Sign-On Issues Temporarily Disrupt Integration Features With the launch of Destiny 2's Lightfall expansion, players have been experiencing some issues with sign-on errors when trying to play the game. Just days before a new raid was set to launch, Bungie announced that they'd be disabling Destiny 2 integration features until the source of the problem could be fixed.
Destiny 2 was released in 2014 but is still one of the most popular online multiplayer games. It has gained a passionate fan base and has had new players joining every day. The Lightfall expansion was released not too long ago, but there has been some divided feedback on... Continue reading
- Unlock Optimal Advertising Strategies With TikTok’s Keyword Insights Marketers now have another powerful tool at their fingertips to help them create effective ad campaigns on TikTok. The platform’s new Keyword Insights function in the Creative Center offers valuable insights into which keywords are resonating best with viewers, as well as helping you to incorporate them into your scripts, ad text, and overlays.
TikTok’s Keyword Insights tool enables you to search through a list of top phrases and words used in ads and get an idea of how often they’re being used, plus the average click-through rate of the ads that include them. By tapping on the ‘Details’ button, you... Continue reading
- TikTok Launches Refresh Feature - Goodbye Boredom, Hello New Experiences TikTok has added a new feature to their worldwide platform that allows users to "refresh" the content they see on their For You page. The new Refresh button will give users an opportunity to switch up their feeds with fresh content that matches their interests and preferences. With this revolutionary feature, users can explore a variety of videos and stories and never get bored of the same video popping up over and over again.
The new Refresh button works by resetting the recommendation algorithm back to its original state as if it was just signed up for TikTok. As users watch... Continue reading
- Streamline Your Game Transfers with Steam's Local Network Feature Valve has recently released a new update for its Steam client, allowing gamers to copy and transfer game installations between PCs or even a Steam Deck over a local network connection. This is an incredibly useful feature that can save you from the hassle of having to redownload games or mess around in directories.
To move game files between two computers usually requires either having an external storage medium with enough space for the entire directory or using Windows LAN settings to do so. But this option may not always be available if you don't have the right hardware, especially if... Continue reading
- Twitter's Preferred VIP List Amplifies Celebrity Accounts In an effort to ensure that certain celebrities have their messages seen as often as possible, Twitter has reportedly granted around 35 VIP accounts a reach boost on the platform. Notable users on the list include Elon Musk, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Joe Biden, LeBron James, Ben Shapiro, and Mr. Beast. However, critics of the move have noted that this preferential treatment leads to a lack of diversity when it comes to the content being amplified, as well as alienates the majority of the platform's users who are not US-based.
Reportedly, the VIP list appeared after Musk noticed that the activity of his... Continue reading
- Crusader Kings 3: Visiting Game of Thrones in April Have you ever dreamed of ruling Westeros as a king or queen? Thanks to the upcoming mod CK3AGOT – Crusader Kings III: A Game of Thrones, now you have the chance to have this dream come true. The mod is based on the popular TV show and book series, so fans of the A Song of Ice and Fire will have more than enough content to explore and enjoy. On April 24th, it's finally time to dive into the extraordinary world of Westeros and take control of the Iron Throne.
The mod CK3AGOT, which stands for Crusader Kings III: A Game... Continue reading
- Nvidia RTX 4060 Ti Rumored to Launch in May with a $450 Price Tag The much-awaited Nvidia RTX 4060 Ti release may be just around the corner, with a rumored launch in May and a potential price of $450. This cost represents a mere $50 increase from the RTX 3060 Ti, suggesting cautious optimism for the forthcoming GPU.
The latest rumors stem from sources cited by the Red Gaming Tech channel, which provided accurate pricing information prior to the RTX 4070 launch. The upcoming RTX 4060 Ti is expected to deliver performance beyond the RTX 3070, with a price point that may resonate with gamers.
The RTX 4060 Ti is speculated to be based on the... Continue reading
- Bungie Confirms Destiny 2 Summit Leaker Banned After Years of Providing Insider Information Bungie has officially identified and taken action against a prolific Destiny 2 leaker who attended community summits for years. As a result, the individual responsible for leaking sensitive content and gameplay information is no longer able to contribute to the community.
Although players have previously delved into Destiny 2's game files to uncover hidden information, Bungie has clarified that this leaker's actions crossed legal boundaries. The studio's Security and Legal teams found substantial evidence linking the long-standing leaks to a single community member who had been attending Bungie's community summits.
Bungie expressed disappointment with the outcome and the individual's actions, stating that... Continue reading
- Twitter's Bold Move: Charging Per Article to Bypass Paywalls In a game-changing announcement, Elon Musk revealed Twitter's plan to enable publishers to charge users per article, potentially revolutionizing the way we consume and pay for content on the platform. This innovative approach aims to provide an alternative revenue stream for publications and cater to users who are hesitant to commit to full subscriptions.
Musk's vision of a paywall bypass system was first discussed in June 2021, long before he became the social media giant's significant shareholder. The idea is simple: users pay for single articles directly within Twitter, providing publications with revenue while eliminating the need for multiple subscriptions.
Although the... Continue reading